Wednesday, November 13, 2019

I'm back!

It's been just over three years since I've posted here and so much has happened in life, in my creating. To keep it succinct to the realm of art, I created my own business website, began to work hard at promoting my work, and after about a year I saw growth in sales and attention. It was good on paper, my numbers were growing, and I should have been very pleased. I did experience great joy but, much to my selfish chagrin,  I deeply felt the Lord telling me regarding my business, "Not now."  

I had too much at stake at home with four little ones to steward and a husband working hard to support us all in every way, that my time was best utilized surrender in pursuit of God to provide financially. I realized, too,  that my heart's needs were being met by the approval others through my artwork. Simply stated, I had lost my mentality of serving my audience of One (God Himself). I needed to regain rightful order. I needed to see the beauty in the busy around me and let go of my way.

So, here I am, three plus years later, letting the Lord hold the reigns. And, you know, once I let go, I was BLOWN AWAY by His grace, affirming me that this was the best decision, His decision.  Life has been a consistent set of challenges, that God has graciously, brilliantly carried us through. I am still creating, and growing. I continue to post some of my process and work on instagram (@e.obrienart). I have missed the journal aspect of blogging, so I will return as the Lord allows and directs. I look forward to seeing how the Lord will use this, great or small.

May God's grace rest on you today, 

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment